Information on viability of a product or higher demands couple with other factors often leads to a glut.
when this happens note:
– Glut is often temporary or seasonal
– It births innovation in the area of processing and other uses besides the primary known usage
– It helps to plan production cycle
– It stirs wider market coverage
What can be done:
– African Farmers can work in clusters or as a cooperative body to regulate production and market supply as its obtainable in the global oil and gas industry,which is also been practised in Agric industry in some regions.
– Government can also buy-off and store to avoid discouraging the farmers
– Farmers should also make investments in modern Storage facilities